IMPORTANT. This license is suitable only for Windows CE Operating Systems. See our other listing for Android License.
What you get:
- OziExplorer CE License emailed to you
- Maps are not included - we can also supply. to purchase, please check the following link
If you love the outdoors and driving on unsealed road and looking for a real time moving map with tracking on your Windows CE GPS unit then look no further. This is the perfect addition to your windows device.
Please note. The software if for aftermarket Windows CE Navigation devices without locked Navigation. Meaning you can access and update the GPS path on your device. Typically big brand names like Garmin, Tom Tom, Alpine etc lock the device so you can only purchase their maps. If you have any doubts please
Ozi Explorer features:
- Mark waypoints
- Breadcrumb trail
- Log & save tracks
- Many map zoom levels
- More/Less detailed maps
- Automatic loading of next map
- Roads: Major road to public or private track with minimum or no construction
- Hydography: Watercourse, canals, perennial lake, bore, well, windpump, waterhole, spring, swamp
- Cultural features: Pipelines, tanks, homesteads, ruins, landmarks, fence, quarry, mine
- Boundaries: State & territory borders, reserves and prohibited areas
- Railways: Tracks, stations, sidings and abandoned lines
- Vegetation Forest, scrubland, rain forest, plantation, orchard
- Aircraft facilities: Airport, landing strip, helipad
- Offshore & Coastal features: Boat ramp, lighthouse, reef, shaol, wreck, costal flat, mangrove
- Relief: Elevation, sand dunes, cliffs, sand ridges, pinnacle and contour lines with values.
OziExplorer (OE) is a program written by australian Des Newman and his wife Lorraine. It closes the gap between a scanned map and the digital output of your GPS. What it basically does is putting the GPS output in a graphical form so you can look at a map (or picture) to see exactly where you are. It displays your present position, the direction you are heading and the way you came from. You can also add comments and events without altering the map. Pictures can also be included.
Des initially made this for his own 4x4 activities but it proved very useful for others too. Here his own comments: "The software was developed to allow me to set up my 4 wheel drive trips. Before the trip I scan in the relevant map if I have not already done so. I then sit down and work out where I am going, and using OziExplorer, position waypoints on all the road and track intersections and towns etc. Add in Map Features and Map Comments where appropriate. Use events to mark the position of the roads and tracks. I save all these to files as necessary. I add waypoints and events to more than cover the region I expect to visit to allow for change of plans. When I am happy with the map I then send the waypoints and events to the GPS and print the map and waypoint list."