Which headunit suits my car? Single DIN and Double DIN?

Author: Matt  

The two main radio sizes are “single DIN” and “double DIN,” and it’s actually pretty easy to figure out which one you need.


If your car has a Single DIN (1DIN) head unit, the front faceplate should be about 7 x 2 in. (180 x 50 mm.)


If it has a Double DIN (2DIN) head unit, the front face plate will be twice as tall. Since “2 DIN car stereo” is a colloquial term for double DIN, the head unit in your car will measure roughly 7 x 4 in. (180 x 100mm.) if it conforms to that standard.


If your car came with a double DIN head unit, you have the choice if replacing it with a single or a double DIN car stereo. If it came with a single DIN head unit, then you have to replace it with another single DIN head unit or move around controls/get a faceplate that will leave enough space for a double din.

Leave a comment

Comments have to be approved before showing up